Your jewelry is meant to be worn and enjoyed! Please take care of your Yenden pieces by following these steps:
- Please pack your jewelry individually in an airtight container away from humidity.
- Lay flat in a box whenever possible, especially heavier necklaces.
- Clean with a soft, clean cloth.
- Please remove your jewelry when bathing, swimming, perspiring
- Avoid hot water
- Do not come into contact with any chemicals, lotions, perfumes, hairsprays, etc. It can dull metals and damage precious and semi-precious stones.
SPECIAL CARE FOR OPALS
ETHIOPIAN OPALS require extra care. They are wonderful to look at, but will absorb liquids and might darken/change color when wet. Keep as dry as possible. If they do get wet for a moment by accident, please dry immediately with a soft cloth and store in a very low humidity area to regain the color and luster. Do not swim, shower, work out with them and keep them away from chemicals, hairsprays, creams, etc.
AUSTRALIAN OPALS, however LIKE humidity, you can clean them with a soft cloth in lukewarm water. Avoid chemicals and other cleaning agents. Store away from extreme heat and very dry conditions.
GOLD FILLED JEWELRY CARE
Gold-filled jewelry has 100x more gold alloy than gold plated and because that layer is so much thicker, it means gold-filled jewelry lasts longer and stands up to wear and tear better than gold plated.
Gold filling is one of the most valuable and tarnish resistant processes for creating gold jewelry and other items. If properly cared for, your gold filled product can last a lifetime and thanks to its durability, there's no need to worry about normal wear.
- Avoid wearing your gold filled jewelry in the ocean or swimming pools, as the salt water and chlorine can cause damage.
- Keep your gold filled jewelry as dry as possible and away from pesky humidity
- Keep in an airtight container when possible ( such as ziplock)